I’m pleased to announce that Foliage’s technology has been acquired by Vectorworks Inc., and it’s now included in Vectorworks Landmark 2018. The tool has been improved by Vectorworks engineers in many aspects, including user interface and speed. Foliage 2 will be no more available from my website, but stay tuned for news in the near future!
Frames is a free plug-in that allow the creation of parametric framed mirrors and pictures. It’s an improved version of “framed mirror/picture mode” introduced in the past with “Furniture” plugin.
- automatic height of framed picture object
- 16 ready to use profiles, with parametric dimension
- passepartout option
Catalog of profiles:
Small update requested by an user: angled bends option. You can download the update from the plugins page.
Downspouts free plugin for #Vectorworks has been updated to version 1.4.
- square section
- elbow (downspout extension)
Foliage plugin has been updated to version 2.1. The update is free for Foliage 2.0 owners: please download it from Foliage 2.1 page (changelog section).
- Reorganized/grouped some menus
- New “Symbols on the ground (area-grid)” mode: insert grid distance and randomness (0-100%) to place symbols
- New menu allowing -50% to +150% variation, enabled for automatic symbol number. Type “0” in the “N° of symbols” field to activate the menu
- New “Symbols rotation” menu for “Cover 3D generic solid” experimental mode
- You can now choose which face(s) of the 3D generic solid to cover
- Foliage now supports Symbol folders. You can use unlimited symbols for a more realistic result. Simply type the name of a Symbol folder (previously prepared) in the “Name of symbol” field. In this example, the folder contains different sizes and colors of the same leaf
I’m very excited to introduce you the new Foliage 2.0 plugin, rewritten for Vectorworks 2015 and 2016. The previous version will be discontinued (no more updates), but will remain available for Vectorworks 2010 to Vectorworks 2014 users.
The main algorithm has been totally rewritten to support site model (DTM) adaptation, to use symbols instead of textures, to recognize multiple objects inside symbols, to handle polylines as boundaries and to cover any 3D model with foliage (experimental feature).
- Create simple linear hedges in a few clicks (rounded hedges & send to DTM options)
- Enrich your projects with foliage by drawing single or multiple 2D view combinations (as previous version)
- Transform any polyline (or groups of polylines) into a simple or rounded hedge that follow your DTM
- Cover areas or boundaries with any symbol: they will automatically cover the ground following your DTM
- A new experimental feature allows to automatically cover any 3d model (generic solid) with foliage. This feature is great for topiary but with complex models your CPU may be severely tested
I’d like to thank Bill Vincent and Jonathan Pickup from Megabits for supporting me since the first versions of my plugins, and particularly for helping me to improve Foliage plugin. Thanks for hints and suggestions I received from Peter Vandewalle (designexpress) and many loyal customers too.
A really short introduction video:
Welcome to my new website. If you want to follow the development of my plugins please subscribe to my blog: I will post here news, updates and previews. Please let me know if you find bugs or if you have suggestions about my plugins.
Custom Beams v1.4 is now available (free update):
- added new covering “extrude section profile” (centered between main beams)
In combination with extruded beam type, you can now create with few clicks prefabricated roofs like this:
 main beams  new extruded covering
User guide has been updated to R01. If you already own a license, this is a free update: you can download it from “Custom Beams” plugin page.